Wax Carving / Signet Ring
The versatile nature of wax will be explored through demonstration of carving, usage of burrs, and finishing techniques. Completed projects will be professionally cast with explanation of process. You will have the option to make a mold to cast multiple pieces. Working in wax offers jewelers great possibilities for creating jewelry with a sculptural feel. This class is for those at beginners level.
Tool list for Personal Practice (not required for class)
- Wax File 8
- Dividers with replaceable tips
- Economy needle file set cut 0
- Small steel ruler
- Jeweler's adjustable saw frame 5"
- Cylinder single cut bur – 1.2mm & 2.3mm
- Wax Pen, double battery (optional)
- 220, 320, 400, 600 grit sandpaper
- Split mandrel for sanding
- Allcraft Jewelry Supply - 135 W 29th St #205, New York, NY 10001
- (212) 279-7077
- Closed on weekends
- Place an order before you go in to avoid long waits.
- Olivia Michaels