Gold has always held a fascination for its beauty throughout history. But hey... some of us have made some regrettable purchases in the past or have been passed down some really unattractive pieces.
In this private workshop you will learn how to melt your gold and turn them into something special and one of a kind. If you have a specific project in mind, please email us pictures or sketches for approval.
Class tuition is $540 per item. It will take 4-6 hours to complete one piece. If student exceeds the 6 hours limit, an hourly rate of $90/hour will be prorated.
An email confirmation will be sent once you purchase your private lesson.
DISCLAIMER: Not all gold will recycle well especially vintage pieces that have been worked and re-worked on. Since we do not know for sure how your pieces were produced, we can not guarantee 100% success. If contaminants cause your piece to be un-recyclable, you will have the following options:
- 1. We can switch to sterling silver which we carry in stock, and continue to learn the technique of recycling and fabrication of a ring. You will have 3 hours of free bench time to return during supervised bench time to apply those same techniques on gold with the supervision of a bench tech.
- 2. We can reschedule your workshop and have you come back with more gold. We can help you send your un-recyclable gold to the refinery and get money to apply it to the purchase of new gold (you may need to purchase extra gold).
- 3. Get 50% refund (we ask you to understand that we value the time of our teachers and they need to get compensated for their time).
- General tools provided
- Enough gold to make a new item.
- You can recycle only the following types of gold:
- Yellow Gold -10k or higher
- Rose Gold - 14k or higher
- No White Gold!