You are welcome to bring in your own pieces to set stones in, otherwise you can keep practicing on plates. We will provide cubic zirconia stones to practice on but you are welcome to bring your own - make sure they are 2 and 3mm round faceted stones. We recommend hard stones such as sapphires and diamonds.
Prerequisite: Intermediate/Advance level
- You must have basic soldering and fabrication experience to take this class.
- General tools provided
Tool list for Personal Practice (not required for class)
- Lynx Setting Burs 1.9mm + 2.9mm
- Ball burs 2mm+1mmHigh speed drill bits 1mm
- Brass sliding size gauge
- Bent chain-nose pliers
- Old or broken drill bit and bur
- Wax bur life
- Pink knife edge silicone wheel.
- Wood Handle with tool chuck - click here to see reference pic!
- Manual Stainless Steel Center Punch - click here to see a reference pic!
- Your stone choice of a hard faceted round stone in 2mm and 3mm, diamond tweezers, burnisher, triplet loupe or optivisor.
- Allcraft Jewelry Supply - 135 W 29th St #205, New York, NY 10001
- (212) 279-7077
- Closed on weekends
- Place an order before you go in to avoid long waits.
- Odette Channell